AlphaCMS has been upgraded to version 0.3.5
- Removal of old redundent code.
- Slightly easier to customise your own individual site.
- Code code now installed as a python package. This will reduce the time to update the codebase
- Performance improvements.
- Bugfixing (URL's now work).
- dropping BBcode.
- upgraded to python 3 and django 1.1.1
- switch from MySQL to Postgres.
- temporarially disabled a few features (such as avatars).
The core package will enable the speedy deployment of new code, to multiple different website. I have plans to use AlphaCMS to power http://cosmosquark.com, http://sector-alpha.net, and http://darkfieldgames.com soon. All three of them will feature some combination of a blog, forums and static content pages. There will of course be divergence from that, but those divergences can feature in their own individual code repositories.
This website is going to be essentially a production deployment test case, don't be supprised if you see it go down due to a bug.
Everything stills seems to be working well. I have also tested the uploads and tags in this post.